- Implementation of the EU Whistleblower Directive - The new Whistleblower Protection Act affects almost all employers
Identify and minimize risks, organize compliance.
Efficient prevention is crucial for effective compliance - and an efficient internal compliance organization is of increasing importance for the assessment of sanctions for legal violations.
Our internationally recognized and award-winning Compliance Group, which has been nominated for several times, comprises experts who are leaders in their respective practice areas: antitrust law, export control and sanctions, money laundering, anti-corruption, corporate governance, employment law and data protection. With many years of tried and tested cooperation, our advice covers all relevant topics.
We provide comprehensive support to national and international companies in the strategic analysis, design and monitoring of extensive compliance programs. In international matters, we collaborate with leading law firms throughout the world.
We have combined our range of advice into three modules, which we tailor to meet our clients’ individual needs:
- Compliance profile: identification of risks and potentials at your company
- Compliance audit:assessment of the adequacy of the compliance system in place / quality control and recommendations for action to be taken
- Compliance program: derivation, implementation and monitoring of recommendations for action
In terms of prevention, our range of advisory services includes, in particular:
- Design, development and implementation of compliance management systems
- Adaptation of compliance management systems to current/new requirements
- Establishment and maintenance of whistleblower systems (whistleblower hotline, ombudsman)
- Creation of compliance guidelines and work instructions
- Design and conducting of training courses and measures on all relevant compliance topics
Should a crisis occur, we offer you efficient and legally secure crisis management.
- Coordination and execution of internal investigations, including questioning employees
- Clarification of complex suspicious cases and securing of evidence to be used in court
- Cooperation with the investigating authorities
- Development of amnesty programs
- Advice and representation in self-disclosure, leniency and other forms of leniency proceedings
- Advice before and during an official search (dawn raids)
- Representation vis-à-vis the criminal prosecution and supervisory authorities as well as in labour court proceedings
- Defence in corporate sanctions proceedings
- Implementation of labour law sanctions, e.g. extraordinary dismissals and dismissals on grounds of a suspicion, conclusion of termination agreements with amnesty provisions
- Communication with employee representatives and stakeholders
- Advice on internal and external communication when dealing with discovered compliance violations (reputation management)
- Securing and enforcing of (compensation) claims against those responsible
The EU and the USA, together with other countries, have reacted robustly to Russia's attack on Ukraine.
The embargoes and sanctions against Russia, which have already been in place since 2014, have been tightened significantly.
At EU level and in the member states, the relevant laws are changing on virtually a daily basis.
It is not easy to keep track of the current legal situation in the already complex environment of embargoes and sanctions.
We support our clients in keeping an overview – enabling them to make the right decisions in what can be described as a very delicate situation in every respect.
WirtschaftsWocheTop Law Firm for Compliance.
JUVE Handbuch Wirtschaftskanzleien, 2021/22The compliance practice is especially recognised for its know-how in export control and data protection.