As a law firm with a strong focus on M&A/corporate, we also advise on private equity transactions. Our clients are financial investors and managers as well as enterprises and entrepreneurs in sales situations involving private equity investors. Our services include tax and corporate transaction structuring as well as advice on the transaction finance.
Our private equity team comprises experienced transaction lawyers with a background in international law firms and in law firms specialised in private equity, who have brought numerous transactions to a successful closing.
The special transaction-related areas of expertise handled by the law firm, such as antitrust law, foreign trade law and compliance, enable us to provide comprehensive, one-stop transaction-based counselling.
The breadth of our practice allows us to flexibly put together deal teams, which are tailored to the needs of the specific transaction.
The range of our advisory services in the private equity sector includes, inter alia:
- Tax and corporate transaction structuring
- Legal and tax due diligence, including vendor due diligence in all relevant areas of law
- Drafting and negotiation of transaction documentation
- Advice on the structuring and conclusion of W&I insurance
- Management participation programs
- Advice on acquisition finance
- Implementation of post-acquisition structural measures
- Advice to portfolio companies in add-on transactions and on exit-relevant aspects
- Assistance of portfolio companies in external audits
- Advice on exits, also in the context of dual track procedures or IPO
Investments in the health care sector are very popular since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. In Germany, there has been a particular interest in the strong German medical technology sector during the last years, not only from strategic but also from private equity investors.
Oppenhoff has advised Munich-based private equity investor Family Trust on all legal aspects of the acquisition of the outsourcing service provider novia Handels GmbH & Co. KG, which is headquartered in Iserlohn and has subsidiaries in Hong Kong and China.
Oppenhoff has advised the founders and shareholders of the Sunovis Group on the sale of the enterprise to the asset manager Brookfield. The sale took place within the framework of a competitive bidding procedure set up by Lazard. Details of the transaction were not disclosed.