Cloud computing projects for groups require special experience in contract drafting, certification and licensing. Regulatory authorities are increasingly taking action in matters of data protection, also internationally. We are experienced experts when it comes to large-scale projects and data volumes.
In classic IT law and in the field of new media, we advise providers and clients on their day-to-day business as well as in transactions. In outsourcing, we accompany providers and customers throughout the entire process, from the invitation to tender to the negotiation of contracts.
In data protection law, we provide comprehensive advice on all issues, including compliance inspections, the preparation of documents and representation of clients before the supervisory authorities. We carry out data protection audits of individual areas or entire companies. Together with our labor law experts, we advise on internal data protection regulations.
Our range of advice in the field of IT law includes:
- Preparation and negotiation of software contracts
- Support of IT projects and project contracts
- Outsourcing (IT and business processes/BPO)
- Cloud computing
- E-commerce and m-commerce
- Legal particularities of social media
Our range of advice in the field of data protection includes:
- Data protection audits
- Preparation of the necessary documentation (e.g. directories of procedures, order data processing)
- Examination of the data protection compliance of projects
- Internal company regulations on data protection, especially ITC shop agreements
- Examination of intra-group and external data transfers, especially to third countries, and preparation of the corresponding documentation
- Assistance with official inquiries and investigations
- Assistance and representation in litigation
Legal 500 Deutschland, 2022Cybersecurity is one of the team's areas of expertise.
JUVE Handbook Commercial Law Firms, 2021/2022Established on digitisation issues and on the topic of platforms.
Oppenhoff has once again advised the EIC Fund extensively on its investments in Germany. This time, the EIC Fund has invested in the tech start-up STABL Energy GmbH. The investment was made as an equity investment as part of a Series A financing round under the "Horizon Europe Programme".
IT Law and Data Protection12.07.2023 Newsletter
On 10 July 2023, the EU Commission decided that the EU-US Data Privacy Framework ("DPF") ensures an adequate level of protection for transfers of personal data from the EU and the EEA to the US. This will make it easier for companies to transfer data to the US, for example when using the services of US cloud providers, as complex risk assessments and supplementary measures will no longer be necessary.
Private Equity / Mergers & Acquisitions / Banking and Capital Markets Law, Financing / Employment Law / Real Estate Law / Antitrust Law and Merger Control / Commercial / Intellectual Property Law / IT Law and Data Protection / Tax Law24.05.2023 News
Oppenhoff has provided comprehensive legal advice to the Munich-based private equity investor Family Trust Investor on its investment in Hyla Germany GmbH. Hyla Germany GmbH is the exclusive distribution partner in Germany and Austria of Hyla D.O.O., a manufacturer of high-quality air and room cleaning equipment under the "Hyla" brand.