Cloud computing projects for groups require special experience in contract drafting, certification and licensing. Regulatory authorities are increasingly taking action in matters of data protection, also internationally. We are experienced experts when it comes to large-scale projects and data volumes.
In classic IT law and in the field of new media, we advise providers and clients on their day-to-day business as well as in transactions. In outsourcing, we accompany providers and customers throughout the entire process, from the invitation to tender to the negotiation of contracts.
In data protection law, we provide comprehensive advice on all issues, including compliance inspections, the preparation of documents and representation of clients before the supervisory authorities. We carry out data protection audits of individual areas or entire companies. Together with our labor law experts, we advise on internal data protection regulations.
Our range of advice in the field of IT law includes:
- Preparation and negotiation of software contracts
- Support of IT projects and project contracts
- Outsourcing (IT and business processes/BPO)
- Cloud computing
- E-commerce and m-commerce
- Legal particularities of social media
Our range of advice in the field of data protection includes:
- Data protection audits
- Preparation of the necessary documentation (e.g. directories of procedures, order data processing)
- Examination of the data protection compliance of projects
- Internal company regulations on data protection, especially ITC shop agreements
- Examination of intra-group and external data transfers, especially to third countries, and preparation of the corresponding documentation
- Assistance with official inquiries and investigations
- Assistance and representation in litigation
Legal 500 Deutschland, 2022Cybersecurity is one of the team's areas of expertise.
JUVE Handbook Commercial Law Firms, 2021/2022Established on digitisation issues and on the topic of platforms.
Employment Law / Foreign Trade / Banking and Capital Markets Law, Financing / Compliance / Corporate Law / Intellectual Property Law / Real Estate Law / Insolvency and Restructuring / IT Law and Data Protection / Mergers & Acquisitions / Succession, Wealth and Foundations / Public Law / Regulatory / Private Equity / Venture Capital / Corporate Insurance26.01.2024 News
Oppenhoff has once again comprehensively advised the EIC Fund on its German investments. This time, the EIC Fund invested together with Dr. Hans Riegel Holding GmbH (one of the two shareholder holding companies of the Haribo Group) and REWE in the Hamburg biotech start-up Infinite Roots. The investment was in the form of an equity investment under the "Horizon Europe Programme" as part of a second closing of the Series B financing round.
The New York Times recently filed a lawsuit against Microsoft and OpenAI. The reason: possible copyright infringements through the use of millions of articles from the New York Times to train ChatGPT. This lawsuit gives cause to consider whether the unlawful processing of data in the design, training or operation phases of artificial intelligence (AI) systems requires that the models be retrained or whether alternative solutions are available