Your projects are becoming increasingly complex: We master these challenges.
Digital markets pose a challenge for classic antitrust law. Companies are having to comply with additional regulations.
We advise companies on European and German antitrust law and on German and European merger control law. Our main focuses include antitrust compliance, distribution systems and the supervision of cartel and fine proceedings. Furthermore, we have a high level of expertise in the area of antitrust law litigation. For example, we regularly advise on antitrust law damage claims on both the claimant’s and defendant’s side.
We have particular expertise in the areas automotive components suppliers, chemicals, press, sports and packaging.
Our team develops creative solutions. In cooperation with our colleagues from the corporate, litigation and labor law departments, we are quick to identify the optimal solution and swiftly implement it.
Our range of advice in the fields of antitrust law and merger control includes:
- Drafting of contracts, in particular in the area of antitrust-related distribution law, as well as in cooperations and joint ventures
- Compliance training and audits
- Cartel and fine proceedings before the German Federal Cartel Office and the European Commission
- Assistance in the event of antitrust-related searches ("dawn raids")
- Merger control proceedings at the German Federal Cartel Office and the European Commission
- Coordination of international merger control proceedings in collaboration with leading law firms in other jurisdictions
- Civil disputes before the ordinary courts and arbitration tribunals as well as disputes before the European courts
Legal 500 Germany, 2022Very extensive professional expertise.
WirtschaftsWocheTop law firm for antitrust law
Chambers EuropeConsistently strong advice and a high level of partner involvement
KanzleimonitorFor the third time running Top 10 for Antitrust Law
Oppenhoff has advised the BMV Group on the accession of three further medium-sized building materials dealers. Last year, the law firm had already advised the BMV Group on its reorganisation and the takeover of the von den Hoff Group.
Oppenhoff has advised KNDS N.V. on a cornerstone investment in connection with the listing of RENK Group AG at the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. KNDS has acquired a 6.7 percent stake in RENK.
Antitrust Law and Merger Control12.12.2023 Newsletter
Cartels have long since ceased to be forged exclusively at highway service stations. Back in 2017, we highlighted the effects of digitalization on antitrust compliance in an article ("Antitrust law 4.0"). Since then, there have been several cases of "digital collusion" that have been taken up by antitrust authorities worldwide and in some cases also sanctioned (see, for example, the article Dohrn/Reinhold, "Collusion by Code": Challenges for antitrust compliance, in Wirtschaft und Wettbewerb, Issue 10, p. 540 et seq.). This last article in our "Digital Compliance" series is dedicated to digital antitrust compliance in the form of so-called "antitrust screening tools". The article describes how they work and provides an outlook on (future) areas of application in cartel prevention and the repressive processing and prosecution of cartels.