Every start-up has its own story. Tell us yours.
The world of venture capital is colourful, diverse and, above all, characterised by visions. Be they founders, insurtech, medtech or proptech start-ups, early-stage funds, sovereign wealth funds or VC investors: they all want to shape the future. Oppenhoff has been supporting them in this for years. Through efficient and smart solutions.
Our VC team consists of experienced lawyers who have already brought countless investments to a successful conclusion. We advise founders, initiators, investors and corporates in particular on their choice of transaction structure, the initial creation of the start-up or investment vehicle, in the context of financing rounds and exit transactions as well as on the introduction of incentive programmes for key employees. Our full-service approach and our expertise in transaction-related special areas of law such as IP law, data protection and IT law, tax law, employment law and compliance, enable us to provide from a single source comprehensive advice that ranges from transaction structuring or financing, due diligence and negotiation of investment documentation through to the implementation of post-acquisition structural measures.
Due to our broad industry expertise, we know the (often regulated) industries of particular interest to start-ups, especially digital business, automotive and mobility, insurance, energy and health. We provide you with a sound assessment of the regulatory framework conditions.
Our venture capital advisory services include:
- Establishment of start-ups and investment vehicles
- Seed-funding rounds and subsequent (A-funding etc.) rounds, convertible loans
- Corporate venture capital, especially digitisation and insurtechs
- Legal and tax due diligence, including vendor due diligence in all areas of law relevant for venture capital investments
- Management and employee stock option plans (ESOP, VSOP, etc.)
- Restructuring measures (including mergers, demergers, changes of legal form, spin-offs)
- Ongoing advice to start-ups and investors in all areas of law
- Exit strategies (also in the context of dual track proceedings or IPO)