At your side striking a balance between regulations and entrepreneurial freedom.
Companies are subject to increasing public law regulation at the national and European levels. This is especially the case with many of the future industries such as the digital economy, energy, trade and mobility, whose products are to be made accessible to as many people as possible.
We help companies and private individuals achieve their economic goals in all areas of public commercial law, despite increasing regulation.
Our range of advice in the field of public law / regulatory includes:
- Environmental law: waste law, water law, soil protection law, emission control law, chemicals law, environmental liability law and environmental criminal law
- Foreign trade law: German, European and US export regulations
- Public procurement law: advice in connection with public procurement projects, ranging from the preparation of tenders to the award of contracts, including representation before the public procurement chambers and in court
- Approval procedures
- Compliance audits and training
- Liability and criminal law aspects
WirtschaftsWocheTop law firm for public procurement law.
On Friday, 11 November 2022, the Bundestag factions of the traffic light coalition introduced a draft for a so-called second Sanctions Enforcement Act (Sanktionsdurchsetzungsgesetz II; SDG II) into the Bundestag. The new regulations are to supplement the Sanctions Enforcement Act I (SDG I) already passed by the Bundestag in May 2022.
On October 6th, the Council of the European Union adopted the 8th EU sanctions package against Russia. One day earlier, the permanent representatives of the member states had already agreed, among other things, on the legal requirements for a price cap on Russian oil imports proposed by the G7 countries. The sanctions package contains new far-reaching measures that will affect a multitude of economic sectors.
The Federal Government, through the Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Action, placed Rosneft Deutschland and RN Refining & Marketing GmbH under the trusteeship of the Federal Network Agency . This is the first time that the BMWK has used a new legal basis anchored in the German Energy Security Act to avert risks in connection with the operation of critical infrastructures in the energy sector.