We’re by your side when your grants are under scrutiny.
Companies that receive grants have to reckon with these being classed as state aid. Competitors can object to these grants. We’re by your side, whatever the situation.
We provide comprehensive advice to companies, authorities and public institutions on European state aid law. One of our focuses is representing clients before the European courts and - at the national level - the judicial enforcement of state aid law against competitors. We have achieved precedents in both areas over the years, and these have had a lasting impact on this field.
Our range of advice in the field of state aid law includes:
- Compliance and training on state aid law
- Representation of companies before the European Commission, European courts and the national authorities and courts
- Private enforcement of state aid law, in particular against competitors
- Repayment of state aid
- Advice in connection with research collaborations
- Advice in connection with acquisitions, disposals and restructuring
- Advice in connection with public financing
- Renewable Energy Sources Act (Erneuerbare-Energien-Gesetz, EEG)
JUVE Handbuch Wirtschaftskanzleien, 2021/22The team has made a name for itself advising on research and development grants.
On 30 June 2022, the Council of the European Union and the EU Parliament agreed on the draft regulation proposed by the EU Commission on distortive foreign subsidies. Based on this agreement, the new regulation could already enter into force this year. Due to the introduction of a new mandatory screening mechanism, the regulation will have a considerable impact on transaction practice in M&A processes and in procurement procedures.
The Lobby Register has been live for more than seven weeks. About 800 registrations have been made since then. Have you registered? The registration deadline is 28 February 2022.
The German Lobby Register Act (Lobbyregistergesetz - LobbyRG) came into force at the beginning of 2022. Since 1 January 2022, it has been possible to register on the website of the German Bundestag, as the registration office, and to make entries in the lobby register.