Practical experience, contact with clients, talent factory – this is what a legal internship at Oppenhoff is all about. It’s not enough for us that you do the groundwork for experienced lawyers. We provide you with a comprehensive picture of the work as a commercial lawyer. This only works through practical experience. That is why we involve you in working on current cases right from the start.
We also offer you the opportunity to gain initial experience in dealing with clients, for example by participating in telephone conferences or court hearings.
Your legal internship is rounded off by our Talent Factory training program, which comprehensively prepares you for the second state exam.
- 5 modules on exam-relevant knowledge for exams on legal contract structuring and on the composition of written pleadings
- 3 intensive seminars conducted by experienced tutors of "ExamensPlus” on criminal, administrative and civil procedural law
- on request, file presentation training under examination conditions
To ensure you are optimally prepared on the day of the exam, we have exam kits with exam-relevant legal texts and commentaries available for loan.
During your time with us you will not only be assigned to a responsible partner, but also to your own mentor. This mentor will discuss the results of your work with you and is your contact person for questions.
- generally 2 to 4 days a week
- individual working hours by arrangement
- regulars‘ table at various pubs in Cologne and Frankfurt am Main
- for legal interns, research assistants and student interns
- also regularly attended by former colleagues and associates, who are also glad to answer any questions about working as an attorney
- exam preparation (repetitorium, exam course, exam kit)
- file presentation training for the oral exam
- Legal English course
- Open-door policy
- In-house library
- Fitness room (Cologne)
- Social events, e.g. legal interns‘ regulars‘ table, office outing
- Dry-cleaning service (Cologne, Frankfurt am Main)
- Opportunity to book in-house massages (Cologne)