Product safety and liability
In a globalised market environment, industrial and commercial enterprises find themselves facing the risks of unexpected product recalls and potential damages claims. By already setting up preventative quality assurance systems during the product development stage, it is possible, under certain circumstances, to avoid ever becoming a focus of public attention, let alone landing before the courts.
Our experts have many years of experience in advising and representing national and international enterprises – on topics ranging from the development of risk aversion and minimisation strategies to advice in crisis situations. Our clients include automobile suppliers, pharmaceutical, chemical and tobacco groups, as well as manufacturers of household appliances and medical devices.
Our range of advice in the field of product safety and liability includes:
- Support in fulfilling obligations to instruct and warn
- Communication and support in times of crisis
- Preparation and implementation of recalls
- Notification of product risks to authorities
- Instruction courses
- Enforcement of or defence against damage and recourse claims
- Enforcement of coverage claims vis-à-vis liability insurers.