Antitrust Law and Merger Control
We advise German and international enterprises on European and German antitrust law, German and European merger control law and on European state aid law. We have particular expertise regarding distribution systems and in the handling of antitrust and fine proceedings.
The solutions developed by our team are particularly creative. We provide prompt assistance during dawn raids and advise on the further course of action, such as leniency applications. Our clients profit from the fact that, where necessary, we cooperate closely with colleagues from other fields of law, e.g. corporate, litigation and employment law. This enables us to promptly identify and swiftly realise solutions for our clients that are optimal in all respects.
Our range of advice in the field of antitrust law and merger control includes, inter alia:
- merger control proceedings before the Federal Cartel Office and the European Commission
- coordination of international merger control proceedings in collaboration with leading law firms in all other jurisdictions
- antitrust and fine proceedings before the Federal Cartel Office and the European Commission
- representation before the German and European courts in connection with merger control proceedings and antitrust proceedings
- civil disputes concerning antitrust matters before the ordinary courts of law and arbitration tribunals
- compliance training and audits
- on-site advice during dawn raids
- contract structuring, in particular in matters concerning distribution cartel law as well as in cooperations and joint ventures
- European state aid law
Please also read our article "Cooperation amongst investigators can be advantageous to cartel sinners" and our current newsletter on antitrust law.